Goodies from Dr. Mini
- Be good to your mother and call or visit often.
- Sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs or on your back with the pillow under your knees to put your back in neutral position and lessen back issues. Do not sleep on your stomach.
- Listen to your favorite high school music weekly, heck, better yet daily as it reminds us of a younger, healthier time.
- Eating less each meal is a battle you can win – eat slowly, enjoy each bite, don’t be afraid to walk away.
- Your body treats bread like sugar, and we don’t eat a loaf of sugar.
- Wear your seatbelt, learn to swim, and brush your teeth twice a day.
- Investing in being nice is free, and it pays back big time.
- Put your medicine near your toothbrush (or coffee pot) so you are reminded to take them.
- Laughter is not the best medicine, but it is close second for a lifetime.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff, and if needed Methylated Folic Acid helps your brain handle the big stuff.
- The key to preventing Type II diabetes is exercise and weight control.
- The key to treating Type II diabetes is weight loss for most people.
- Hugs and Pugs are better than drugs, but my wife still wants to know if anyone wants our pug.
- Don’t burn bridges – be nice, and nice usually comes back to you later.
- One reason new marriages end prematurely is that when a woman says, “I Do” her world changes immediately and forever, but when a man says, “I Do” he thinks it means “I am monogamous” yet he still acts single about everything else for about 7 years.
- Wear ear plugs at concerts.
- Wear sunblock in convertibles.
- Try smiling when you don’t want to – it will still make you feel better.
- Manual transmission cars can be helpful in maintaining your weight because traffic is always a workout. We all remember how to drive stick shift, so go get one if you can.
- Don’t forget your Daddy either. Pretend you are Italian and kiss him on both cheeks when you greet him – he will appreciate it because we all saw the Godfather.
- Consider a standing desk to lower risk of weight gain, reduce back pain, lower blood sugar levels and burn calories the equivalent of 3000 steps a day.
- Bonus – I recommend husbands give as a gift to their spouse Dr. Laura Schlessinger’s Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands.
Schedule an Appointment
New Patient Forms
Renew a Prescription